Really Simple Press Anti-Spam Policy
Really Simple Press has a no tolerance spam policy. Really Simple Press' customer support actively monitors large import lists and emails going to a large number of contacts. Any customer found to be using Really Simple Press for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the product. If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every email contains a mandatory unsubscribe link - those individuals who try to remove this link will be warned that they are doing so. If the link is removed or de-activated in any way, Really Simple Press will terminate the customer's account.
What is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). By sending email to only to those who have requested to receive it, you are following accepted permission-based email guidelines.
What constitutes a Preexisting business relationship?
The recipient of your email has made a purchase, requested information, responded to a questionnaire or a survey, or had offline contact with you.
What constitutes consent?
The recipient of your email has been clearly and fully notified of the collection and use of his email address and has consented prior to such collection and use. This is often called informed consent.
Isn't there a law against sending Spam?
The federal anti-spam law went into effect on January 1st, 2004 and preempts all state laws. While this new law will not stop spam, it does make most spam illegal and ultimately less attractive to spammers. The law is specific about requirements to send commercial email and empowers the federal government to enforce the law. The penalties can include a fine and/or imprisonment for up to 5 years.
How Really Simple Press protects you from sending spam
Really Simple Press is a permission-based email-marketing tool that follows the strictest permission-based philosophies:
- Verification - Really Simple Press automatically sends all of your new contacts an email confirming their interest in receiving emails from you. Additionally, if your contact changes his or her interests or unsubscribes, Really Simple Press automatically sends an email confirmation.
- Unsubscribe - Every email generated from Really Simple Press contains an unsubscribe link which allows your contacts to opt-out of future emails and automatically updates your contact lists to avoid the chance of sending unwanted emails to visitors who have unsubscribed.
- Identification - Your email header information is correct because it is pre-set for you by Really Simple Press. Your email's "From" address is verified and already accurately identifies you as the sender.
- Contact Information - all of your emails are pre-filled with your contact information including your physical address.
How to protect yourself from Spam: Take the Spam Test
- Are you importing a purchased list of ANY kind?
- Are you sending to non-specific addresses such as:
- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or other general addresses.
If you have answered YES to ANY of the above questions you will likely be labeled a SPAMMER. For more information visit The Coalition Against Unsolicited Email (www.cauce.org) or contact Really Simple Press Customer Support (email@example.com)